It's a seemingly never ending task - grocery shopping.
1. Do you make up a dinner plan for the coming week?
2. Do you make up a grocery shopping list and stick to it when shopping?
3. What is one thing that you always buy, but never write down on a list?
4. Is there anything that you always think you are out of and come home with it to discover you already have a year’s supply on hand?
5. Do you get your groceries delivered?
1. Yes, it's something TBG and I have done for years (and I have the old menus to prove it). It's nice to be able to hold onto old recipes that have worked in the past and know which cookbook to find them in.
2. Yes and no. I always get what's on the list, but there usually a few visits from the shopping cart fairy before I get out of the store.
3. Milk. I always need milk.
4. White vinegar and mayo. I ran out each item once... let's just say, I will never run out of them again.
5. I'd like to, but I tend to buy store brands and comparative shop. We are pretty picky about produce, too.
1. Do you make up a dinner plan for the coming week?
2. Do you make up a grocery shopping list and stick to it when shopping?
3. What is one thing that you always buy, but never write down on a list?
4. Is there anything that you always think you are out of and come home with it to discover you already have a year’s supply on hand?
5. Do you get your groceries delivered?
1. Yes, it's something TBG and I have done for years (and I have the old menus to prove it). It's nice to be able to hold onto old recipes that have worked in the past and know which cookbook to find them in.
2. Yes and no. I always get what's on the list, but there usually a few visits from the shopping cart fairy before I get out of the store.
3. Milk. I always need milk.
4. White vinegar and mayo. I ran out each item once... let's just say, I will never run out of them again.
5. I'd like to, but I tend to buy store brands and comparative shop. We are pretty picky about produce, too.

no subject
Date: 2019-02-15 07:40 pm (UTC)2. I always shop from a list, although some categories are rather open: "dessert" can be bakery pie, frozen Pepperidge Farm cake, a box of Tastykake Krimpets, or the $1 package of generic oatmeal cookies. Depends on how bad my mood was on the days previous to shopping and how much of my budget is needed for the essentials.
3. Cat food. Also toilet paper.
4. Toilet paper. I have an entire shelf in the linen closet just for toilet paper and I still keep buying it. If anyone wants me to help TP the White House, I've got the supply.
5. Yes, I have been using Peapod for over a year now. They get their merchandise from the store I normally shop in anyway, have comparable prices, and a lot of specials, sometimes better than the in-store ones. They take coupons and refund anything that isn't right - price of a dozen eggs if one is cracked.
no subject
Date: 2019-02-16 02:30 pm (UTC)Thanks for playing along with The Friday Five!